To all of our customers that have bought a Cintiq Companion Tablet-PC:
If you encounter any problem with your Cintiq Companion and need to send it in for repair, please note the following:
- Open a Help-Ticket via our website and describe the problems you have run into
- send us your postal address
- send us information about the date of purchase and the serial number of the device (can be found on the back of the device)
- make sure you have BACKED UP ALL DATA before sending the tablet in for repair > Wacom will eventually replace the damaged device and you must take responsibility for your the data on the tablet-pc.
- Please print, read and complete the attached form and attach it to the tablet when sending it to us or Wacom for repair (the form is in German, if needed ask for an English translation of it)
Please note the following announcement by Wacom Europe GmbH
Dear Wacom Customer,
as part of our warranty service or repair of your Cintiq Cintiq Companion Companion or hybrid ("Cintiq") Wacom will not repair your device and resend them to you, but replace it with a non-defective, equivalent, processed device.
Your privacy is important to us!
Therefore we would like you to explicitly indicate that you are required to perform a full backup for you and that you delete all data from your Cintiq thereafter.
Because we want to ensure that there are no more data on your Cintiq, we will ensure that once a complete deletion of the data is performed. For this reason we ask you to print the following consent form to complete, sign and give your Wacom dealer back, which then sends it to your device at Wacom.
Tip: In the event that you have software installed on your Cintiq, also remember with the software manufacturer should be contacted and to clarify how the software can best be transferred to the replaced product.
Thank you in advance,
With best regards
Wacom Europe GmbH
Article is closed for comments.