The new Macintosh operating system was released on September 24, 2018. Apple has updated it a lot and added lots of new features.
We tested the new operating system extensively and gained a thoroughly positive impression. There has also been a change in data security. Apple has recently asked for the computer password, or an administrator, if you want to change or write data in a program folder. This is intended to make unintentional changes more difficult. Due to the new security policy of the operating system there are difficulties in connection with the installation of DiVisual® MSv8 - but we will show you step by step how you can install DiVisual MSv8 without errors in the easiest way.
1. find the folder "Adobe Photoshop CC" in the Applications folder
2. right click on it and select "Information".
3. click on the lock icon in the lower right corner of the Information window
4. identify yourself with the user information you use to log in to your computer
5. click on the + symbol at the bottom left and add yourself as a user. If you are already in the list of permissions, check if you are allowed to read & write.
6. click on the gearwheel symbol (settings) at the bottom of the window and select "transfer to all subobjects". Confirm in the dialog that you want to change the access rights for the folder and all subobjects.
From now on the DiVisual® MSv8 installer will run without problems and install the extension "DiVisual® MSv8" without errors.
To let you know if you are affected by this, we have included an error message in the installation process. If it pops up on you, please follow the 6 steps described above